Our attorneys understand not only the federal and state regulations that govern our clients’ companies, but the business environment and complex health concepts that caregivers work with every day.
Our clients in the long-term care and senior living industry range in size from large, national chains to local, privately-owned facilities. We represent medical directors and defend nurses, staff and other professionals involved in patient care and facility administration. Our experience working with a variety of clients means we’re prepared to resolve issues and help individuals return to providing their patients with the care they deserve.
Our attorneys have tried and won numerous cases on behalf of our long-term care industry clients in several states and serve as national and regional counsel for certain clients. We are highly experienced at defending against aggressive plaintiff’s attorneys who focus on industry issues and utilize the latest trial lawyer techniques to sway juries. Our care and senior living team regularly works with industry experts to enhance our knowledge of and ability to advocate for our long-term care industry clients.
Our attorneys provide education regarding regulatory issues, documentation, customer satisfaction and communication and deliver presentations to help ensure our clients can continue to focus on providing high-quality care while complying with state and federal regulations. We represent our clients before administrative and regulatory bodies and defend all areas of professional liability claims, including:
- Certificates of need
- Compliance investigations
- Contract drafting and review
- Fair Fund
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and pharmaceuticals
- Fraud and abuse
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy and security
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) compliance
- Medical devices
- Medical rehabilitation services
- Medicare and other third party payor coverage audits and appeals
- Medicare coverage and reimbursement policy
- Physician staff privilege and licensure matters
- Provider and practitioner operations
- Public Health Service Act 340B drug discount program
- Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) appeals
- Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute compliance
In addition to these issues, we service our clients’ corporate, real estate, banking and regulatory needs and are routinely asked to serve as outside general counsel, advising on complex regulatory and risk management issues.