Our dedicated and experienced insurance lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the industry and deploy cross-disciplinary experience to facilitate transactions, meet regulatory challenges and create solutions to maximize business in the industry.
We represent insurers, insurance agencies and brokers, technology companies, investors, reinsurers and other insurance industry participants across a full spectrum of legal matters including formation/licensing and regulatory reporting advice, joint ventures and business combinations, reinsurance arrangements and investments and expansion of insurers’ businesses across the country.
Our experience includes:
- negotiating business combinations and divestitures among insurers and insurance agencies;
- managing general agent and fronting arrangements;
- negotiating reinsurance finance, loss portfolios transfers and assumption reinsurance transactions;
- advising on mutual and association organizations’ transactions;
- advising on captive and self-insured solutions;
- facilitating technology innovations in the industry; and
- managing on insurance holding company system transactions and other regulatory reporting and transactional advice.
We extend our representation across lines of business to include:
- property & casualty;
- life and annuities;
- health and welfare; and
- workers’ compensation, among others.
Sandberg Phoenix attorneys are routinely engaged and trusted as a part of our client’s team to navigate the industry’s highly regulated environment in what can be a complex marketplace.
Our firm puts emphasis on staying up to date on insurance industry trends and legal developments. Our attorneys are also experts in NAIC model laws, risk management and corporate governance, allowing us to provide the best solutions to our clients in order to help them maximize their business strategies and daily operations.